Errett Cord's Resume
Web Development and Architecture :: Business Development :: Client Relationship Management
Technology Management professional with 15+ years’ experience across the development spectrum, from website design, implementation and management to ongoing technical maintenance, search-engine optimization and successful B2B sales/marketing. Excel at customer relationship management. Able to define technology challenges and develop creative, cost-effective technical solutions to enhance services and reduce expenses. Business-development expertise includes the acquisition of seven web-hosting companies in five years.
Technical competency in cyber-languages including WordPress, HTML, CSS, DHTML, Java Script, XML, PHP, MYSQL, Macromedia Dreamweaver, Google Analytics and Plesk Control Panel. Proficiency in SharePoint 2007 & 2010; technical site analysis, competitive/keyword research, link analysis, site element optimization, site structure, link popularity and copywriting. Skilled in establishing secure online sales, invoicing and credit-card processing. Recognized expertise in SharePoint architecture, administration and support.
Manager, Knowledge Services -------------------------- Milton Security Group, LLC 2/09-Present
At the forefront of new developments in network security technology
Recruited to manage SharePoint clients and web-development projects. Write and develop solid specifications for application developers. Develop written training materials. Serve as business-IT liaison, assessing and translating business needs among developers, server administrators and department staff to develop, support and maintain custom features.
• Challenged to turn around SharePoint environment for a northern California power utility. Evaluated, restructured and managed system; established governance program for entire utility. Trained all employees in its use (including creation of documentation/content for instructional materials). Following 30-month turnaround project, mentored replacement administrator. Power utility successes included: - Enhanced internal communication, increased employee morale and improved efficiency significantly. - Department made such impressive gains that all five other utility departments opted to end filesharing and convert to SharePoint.
e-Commerce Manager/Web Developer ----------------------- Crankbrothers.com 2002-Present
Recruited to guide direction of e-commerce initiatives through website. Set up pages and design for search engine optimization (SEO), achieving solid Page rank. Created automated service-center ordering system and Magento shopping cart. Manage servers.
• Quadrupled daily traffic in 2011 (from 500/day to 2,000+, with spikes to 6,000).
• Increased service-center ordering by 5%, while improving efficiency and customer satisfaction levels.
• Since 1/09, online sales have catapulted 50%+ per year.
Managing Director/Web Developer ------------------- Cord Hosting, Inc. 3/01-10/07
Local web-hosting service provider in Orange County, California; servers in 3 states and internationally
Created, designed, defined and expanded this web-hosting service provider, growing it from inception to a high of nearly 2500 high-value clients and a profitable sale, all within six years. Provided hosting, email, DNS and other internet-related services. Defined best practices and developed/maintained systems architecture plan for acquired servers. Assessed client needs and adapted/improved equipment and services. Wrote technical specifications defining server, software and network capabilities; implemented security measures. Developed website performance metrics. Created standards for system upgrades/updates/patches, technical assistance, disaster recovery and document backup. Executed marketing plans to expand enterprise.
P/L responsibility encompassed sales/marketing, operations, employee management/training and cost accounting. In addition to web hosting, provided web design, e-commerce development and search engine optimization (SEO) services.
• Grew client base from scratch to 250 high-value accounts
within first year; in five years, expanded to as many as
• Acquired seven companies within five years: Researched, assessed and negotiated purchases including two companies in New York, one in New Jersey, two in California, one in Canada and one in Switzerland. Retained, on average, 95% of acquired accounts.
• In October 2007, Cord Hosting, Inc. was successfully sold to Click Technologies, Newport Beach, CA.
This seven-month contract project grew into a full-time position. Original project: Debugged entire website (SQL-based, with a multi-valued database) and resolved all technical problems. Subsequent assignments included constructing multiple extranets and re-designing website.
• Developed and designed public website.
• Developed and designed the corporate Intranet.
• Developed and designed extranets for product development and training.
• Created online registration forms for advanced product training.
Webmaster/e-Commerce Manager ------------ Silicon Film Technologies, 1/99-11/00
Recruited, as contractor, to build e-marketplace for spinoff company that developed a unique e-film system. Raised development funding; hired, trained and developed employees (up to 40). Created public website and corporate intranet.
• Collaborated with accounting department to develop secure
credit-card clearing process.
• In spite of budgetary constraints and a tight time frame, constructed powerful web-based marketing system with a proprietary platform.
• Integrated e-commerce engine within the website itself.
• Prepared Web Department for a private offering through OffRoad Capital. Compiled all requested data for OffRoad Capital audit. Successfully raised $5.8M.
• In 2000, company and its high-end technology were purchased.
Web Designer/Content Manager ----- EC WebDesigns Newport Beach, CA 9/96-3/99
Designed intuitive, functional and expandable web sites for commercial clients. Developed effective methods for global content distribution and high-traffic website management.
Sales Representative --------- Coors Distributing Company, Anaheim, CA 10/94-8/97
• 1995: Second-highest sales nationwide for G. Hielman products.
|Affiliations / Associations|
Association for Intelligent Information Management (AIIM) ------------- 2008-Present